Just after noon, QFD and mutual aid were dispatched to a house fire in East Drumore Township. On arrival, the fire was out and there was minimal damage. The apparent cause of the fire was an outlet / plug that had overheated and began burning. Fortunately, the occupant was home and found it right away.
As we approach heating season, please make sure you do not overload outlets or plug a “high demand” unit (like a space heater) into a multi-outlet strip. Appliances like that should be plugged directly into the wall outlet.
Please check your appliances before using them this heating season.